Friday, January 11, 2008

SOMETHING PERSONAL...

I try really hard to keep this blog all about the store, scrapbooking and inspiration. But I have a little news to share with you that I know alot of people have been waiting on! As most of you know, I (Valerie) graduated from college in May 2007 with a B.A. in Psychology. Ever since then I have been fruitlessly trying to find a job. Several things have come about, but I have been fortunate enough to continue to be "picky". I really wanted something to do with my field of study and expertise, and I was determined not to settle for less. Well... I now have a job. It was offered to me today! I am now a full-time Counselor at Inner Harbour Hospital in Douglasville, GA. I start at the end of the month. But... don't fret, I will definitely still be here!! With my schedule, I will eventually be working long days 3 days a week and then off 4 days. This is perfect because not only can I now start work on my Master's degree, but I can continue to be more than involved at SI&M. I know that there have been so many of you that have been aware of my situation. I have tried to be positive, but this was harder than I ever imagined!! I just wanted to give you all the good news... I got EXACTLY what I have wanted!! So... thank you so much for all of your prayers and well wishes!! They have all paid off!! Have a great day!!!

7 comments:

Alicia said...

Way to go Val! I'm so proud of you!

Congratulations!

Alicia

Karen said...

Yippee. I am so happy for you. You deserve it.

Karen

Anonymous said...

Valerie,

I know that you will be great at your new job. Congratulations!! I am happy it will work out for you to still be involved at the store. I am happy that you waited for God to place you just where you needed to be.

You're a very special young lady--I know you're parents are very proud of you.

Brenda

Unknown said...

That is fabulous!! I'm so glad you found what you were looking for. I'm thrilled also that you'll still be around the store. It wouldn't be the same without you!
Joy

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you Valerie! Sounds like your patience has paid off. Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Yay for you Valerie! Great news!

Anonymous said...

That's AWESOME Valerie. I'm so glad that you didn't settle for something that you would not be HAPPY with. You are so deserving of your new job and I'm so glad that you shared the great news with us.

Jennifer