Monday, January 7, 2008

...WHAT MATTERS

A couple days ago, my mom and I were both working downstairs on the floor at the store. One of our young college girls (a customer) came in and was so excited because she was about to embark on a new big project. As usual, we just chatted with her for a little while, then my mom asked what she was going to be working on. She told us that her grandmother had cancer and they had recently learned that it had spread to her brain. The doctors told the family that she would probably begin to forget things because of the illness. This girl said that this turn of events had really bothered her because she and her grandmother were very close and she was terrified that her grandmother would forget her! She said that her new project was to make an album just for her grandmother, something that she could look at everyday to help preserve her memories. By then end of her story, I think that everyone in the store had the chills!!

I just wanted to share this story, because we are fortunate enough to hear so many of these kinds of coping and healing techniques that this wonderful hobby brings! I just wanted to remind everyone just how wonderful scrapbooking is and what it ultimately can mean to others!!
Man, we have a wonderful hobby and love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Valerie,
You are so right about this hobby--It always reminds me to keep my family in my heart at all times--especailly when I see pics of the one we don't have here any longer.

The hobby has given me a friend that I love like a sister(I don't have a sister, so now I have her)--other good friends there at the store, who I am always thankful for.

Thanks for reminding me again!!!

Hope to see you soon
Brenda