Wednesday, August 22, 2007

STRIP TEASES & SCRAP STRIPS

Strip whats?!?! I know, it sounds funny right? I just thought I would share a little tip with you guys. Many companies are producing a paper in their lines that has strips of lots of the different patterns or sayings or titles. I have several semi-ok pictures below of just a few examples of what I am talking about... I'm sure most of you have already seen some of these in the store: Cosmo Cricket, Fancy Pants Designs and the new LUXE Designs! I have come to absolutely love these pages. The single 12x12 layout below is one that I just did last night and it went together so quickly because I used one of the Scrap Strips papers from the black & white line of LUXE. I tend to scrapbook using a solid Bazzill background and then using different patterns and other products to embellish my page. These "strip tease" (as Cosmo Cricket calls them) papers make that sooo easy for me. I also love to mix and match patterns... once again the scrap strips papers are a super easy answer! You could use any of these whole or just use bits and pieces of them throughout a layout. These are also a great way to make your supplies stretch (in other words... maybe save some $$$). In the layout below I used a Scrap Strip and Jotter (the journaling blocks) from LUXE, Bazzill Basics cardstock and flowers, MME buttons and one little piece of chipboard from Lil' Davis that I had in my stash from forever ago and that's pretty much it!! I love how this layout turned out and there was very little effort, time and money spent on it... almost all thanks to a "strip tease"!! ;)




No comments: